Delta Air Lines Takes Action to Support Travelers
We’re please to share some recent updates from one of our top preferred airline partners, Delta Air Lines, highlighting their flexible services and new processes designed to enhance the traveler experience.
Complimentary Same-Day Standby
Delta Air Lines continues to find ways to offer travelers even more flexibility. As of today, travelers on domestic flights (excluding Basic Economy fares) can standby for an earlier flight for free, if the new flight is the same day and the standby request is made within 24 hours of the original departure. So, whether their meeting ends early, or their plans change unexpectedly, travelers can feel confident that Delta has their back.
Medallion Status Extensions
Delta also wants to ensure travelers are rewarded for their continued loyalty to Delta. In a letter to SkyMiles Members last week, the following information was shared regarding Medallion Status:
- All SkyMiles Medallion Members, including those with Complimentary Medallion Status, will have their Status extended through Jan. 31, 2023.
- All Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) will roll over to 2022 to qualify for 2023 Medallion Status – for the second year in a row.
- All selected but unused Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates will also be extended through Jan. 31, 2023.
- Customers currently traveling to achieve or maintain Status will be further recognized for their loyalty with enhanced benefits.
- The ability for Award Travel on Delta flights to count toward Status has also been extended through Dec. 31, 2022.
These Status announcements are in addition to the 2022 Medallion Status Accelerators that provide up to 75% more towards Status and are in market through Dec. 31, 2021. And don’t forget that as of Fall 2020, Delta eliminated change fees for most of our flights to provide an added layer of flexibility because they understand that plans change.
Throughout the past 18 months, our industry has faced unpredictable challenges, and appropriately staffing to accommodate the rapidly evolving demand remains a key focus. To support Delta’s operation – which has increased by nearly 400% since last summer – they are hiring more than 5,000 new team members across the globe to help serve you and your travelers as you get back on board.
Adelman and Delta are excited about all of these announcements, and we are hopeful for the future of travel, dedicated to keeping you and your travelers in mind every step of the way.